Pages

Wednesday 30 September 2015

Another Kalkan Holiday

I am writing this at the poolside of our lovely hotel in Kalkan in heavenly warm sunny weather. This may explain my lack of recent blogging so apologies to all my lovely readers. I will do a full write up when we are home but for now here are a few photographs from the last couple of days.

Our hotel is set on a quaint residential cobbled lane just above the harbour and one row back from the front over looking the sea. The Hotel Dionysia really is a warm and friendly place to stay. There is calmness surrounding it. No music blaring out at the pool, just peace and quiet. Lovely olive trees at one end of the pool where we have sat and drank chilled beers and ate tasty fresh salads. We have whiled away a few hours here chatting, laughing and enjoying each other's company. This often gets lost at home where we work long hours and sometimes only see each other when we are in the same bed!. Too many long days at work and after work drinks with work colleagues on both our parts has meant some days we have spoken at breakfast and then not until the next morning.




We have a room overlooking the bay and islands in the distance. The villa in front of us has a fantastic rooftop seating area that David and I have coveted. I think we may look at rental costs for this place for future holidays. 



I've already visited my favourite leather shop and eyed up some future purchases to make before the end of the holiday. Bsg has it's own factory and the quality is fantastic. They are more pricey than other shops but the leather is always a far superior quality.

Well it is time to cool off with a few laps of the pool, so I'll sign off for now. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow it looks idyllic!I am new to your blog and as soon as you left a comment on mine I had to check yours out,thanks by the way.
I have never been to Kalkan and to be honest had to Google it! it is a cold,damp day here so i am very envious!

x Dawn

The Mrs Danvers said...

Thank you Dawn. It looks like you had a fabulous holiday in Tenerife earlier this year and your hotel looked fantastic. I'm enjoying reading your lovely blog and can't wait for each of your posts.