Pages

Monday 13 October 2014

End of the Car Booting Season


We came back from our holidays yesterday evening but we're up early this morning to visit the Cheshire car boot sale as we are coming to the end of the car boot season and not a moment is to be missed. I did quite well with a mixture of bargains today whereas David bought only two items. These were a RayBan sunglasses case for 50p and a Helly Hanson waterproof coat for £1.

I found a new copy of Jamie's Great Britain Cook Book for £2.50. The RRP for the book is £30 and I am a real sucker for recipe books especially when they are full of mouth watering pictures. I have quite a few of Jamie's books but not this one so I was pleased to find this one to add to my collection.
I will have a read of it over the next few nights and plan some meals using up what I already have the freezers as a start and buying any additional ingredients I need to complete the recipes.




It is my niece's birthday next month and I know she loves all things Soap and Glory so I was pleased to buy 4 items to add to the collection that I already have for her. A few weeks ago I bought a Soap & Glory toiletry bag and gift box for her and I am planning on filling these for her. I found a full size Body Scrub for 50p and then two travel size pots of Flake Away body scrub and The Righteous Butter body moisturiser. These were also 50p and finally I found a travel sized bottle of Girligo body mist for the same price. The travel sizes sell for around £2.50 and the Girligo body mist is £6.50 for 250ml so the 100ml travel size bottle I found was a good buy but not as a bargain as the full sized body scrub which is normally £7. I am sure she will be delighted with the selection I have found for her.



I bought three new T Shirts for my nephew for Christmas. He is 16 years old so just starting to get into fashion and certain labels but he does like jokey T Shirts so the ones I bought him have three different funky joke designs on them. They were only £1 each but are a really good quality so great as stocking fillers for him.



I like to use a hairdryer that has a brush attachment so that I can dry and style my hair at the same time. My hair is naturally wavy and of course I like it to be poker straight so spend money on straightening serums and hair straighteners. To try to help with the straightening I find using the brush attachment helps to dry it straight and frizz free so it was great to find a new and unused Nicky Clarke Hot Air Styler for £3. These sell for about £23 so it was a good price at £3. I already have one of these but I am sure it will come to the end of it's life at some time and instead of going out to buy one new I will have one ready and waiting in the wings to replace it.



I found a black and grey floral patterned parka coat for £3. This has been used but has been gently worn and looks in very good condition. It is from the Arcadia Group so I think has come from Evans. It is a plus size so I would put my money on It coming from Evans rather than one of the other Arcadia shops. I love the fact that it has this muted pattern on it and that it comes with a hood. Looking at the fashion magazines over the last few weeks I think parkas are in so a good buy all round. I know I am showing my age in finding a hood on a coat as a good thing but given that the weather in the UK can be so wet, a hood comes in handy when there is no umbrella to hand.



A few girly purchases included a cute little purse from Accessorize. This has never been used and has the words "Hello Sunshine" embroidered on the front along with some buttons and a bow. This is such a useful little purse for popping in an evening bag when you don't want to be carrying too much. I just love it to bits and thought 50p was a good price. I also found this gorgeous Miss Patisserie bath bomb for 50p. It is actually called a bath bake as it looks just like a cup cake complete with candle and sprinkles. It smells divine and as these normally retail for £4.50 I think was another good buy. I may use this as a stocking filler or I think I may keep this for myself!. Similar bath bakes can be bought on line here. I also found this lovely Emma Bridgewater hand cream trio for £1. Marks & Spencer are currently selling her range and I guess this would have probably cost about £10. The hand creams are three different scents; Love & Flowers, Black Iris and Tea & Oranges.
I also bought a number of DVDs for between 50p and £1 each and two pairs of trousers for my sister for £1 each. One pair is navy blue linen and I thought these would be great for her for the summer or for holidays. The other pair are black work trousers and are new. Both pairs were from Marks & Spencer so are a reasonable quality. We often look out for things for each other when we are out and about at car boot sales and it is great to suprise each other with little gifts.

No comments: